Thank you to all who came to our celebration of Corpus Christi, when we welcomed our friends from S. Luke’s and heard the words of their Vicar, Revd Jenny Wilkens. Thank you also to those who were able to provide supper for us all.
Today is Te Pouhere Sunday when our celebration can reflect the life of our three Tikanga Church. I am interested to read that tikanga is a Maori word describing ‘the way of doing’ and as such it allows us each to exercise ministry in the way of our own culture, which we may do by putting God first and showing his love to all.
Also today at the 10:00 am Mass we will commission our Churchwardens and members of Vestry. If there is something that troubles you about the parish, these are the people to mention it to, as we continue to support and pray for them in the discussions, decisions and work that we have chosen them to do on our behalf.
As winter sets in, please remember what we can do for those suffering from the cold.
Yours in Christ,
St Michael’s Vestry 2016
Vicar: Fr Andrew Starky
Churchwardens: Michael Graveston, Gloria Moyle
Synodspeople: Jane Evans, Michael Graveston
Elected Members: Dorothy Burrows, Jane Ellis
Anne Ladd, David McFerran
Vince Moreton, Virginia O’Donnell
Claire Preston, Kirk Spragg
- Christchurch Marathon traffic disruption next Sunday: see map on notice board, copies available at the back of the church.
- Parish Roll update: the current parish roll is available at the back of the church for you to check your details. For any changes and for new families/parishioners please either email details to Louise or fill in the form, which you may return to the parish office, give to Gloria Moyle (352 3117) or leave in her pigeonhole.
- The Sales Table and the Book Swap are now fundraising for new choir robes. Check out the variety of goods on offer in the hall after Mass on Sundays, and in the book corner in the parish lounge. The organisers plan to make marmalade available again soon, and would welcome donations of sugar, oranges, lemons, mangoes and grapefruit. Details Terry Elliott (326 6030) or Anne Ladd (981 5012).
- Lunch at Regatta on Avon: today at 12:15 pm. Details Kathryn Starky.
- You are invited to a cup of tea or coffee after the evening service each Sunday.
- Walsh House (City Mission) Clothing Appeal: the Women’s Fellowship is collecting knitting wool, beanies, scarves, hottie covers, gloves, socks etc for the women who come to Walsh House. If you can help, place your contributions in the box in the parish lounge. Knitters please speak to Jill Woodside (338 9590).
- Bible Study Group meets tomorrow at 7:15 pm in the school staff room. Details Peter Oakley (960 0974).
- Meditation Group meets on Tuesday, 5:15 pm in the parish lounge. Details Margaret Maclagan (359 9215) or Kathryn Starky (385 0197).
- Vestry meets on Tuesday, beginning with Mass at 7:00 pm.
- Vege Co-op: orders and deliveries on Wednesdays. Details Kathryn Starky.
- Cathedral Book Sale: Lynda Patterson collection at the Cathedral from Thursday.
- Informal discussion of distance study of theology: Theology House Thursday from 5:30 pm, refreshments. Peter Carrell, firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Concert: Our Voice with Consortia and the Vocal Consort at Knox Church, Thursday at 7:30 pm. Details Alice Bates (022 415 6538).
- 1:00 pm Lectures at the Cathedral: Geoff Haworth. 7 June The Story of our Anglican Prayer Book, 14 June The History of the Christchurch City Mission.
- Free Concert: Courtney Carter, who is sitting her Performance Dip ABRSM for Voice, is performing her exam repertoire on 9 June, 1:10 pm at S. Augustine’s.
- Advance notice Organ Recital: Jeremy Woodside 31 July, 2:00 pm at the Cathedral.
- Inasmuch basket: please continue to support the City Mission with your gifts.