Are you skilled in working with young people?
Do you want to make a positive difference to young people?
An exciting part-time opportunity, starting in 2016, has become available at Christchurch S. Michael’s Parish to work with children and youth in the Church and School.
The successful applicant needs be theologically articulate; able to relate to the younger age groups; and eager to grow the number of children and youth at services and at almost every aspect of the life of the School and Parish. This appointment would be for between 20-25 hours per week for 52 weeks of the year depending on applicant and ministry needs.
The role will involve:
• Creating a youth group based on the intermediate aged children at the school
• Creating a Young Adult group
• Assisting with our Children’s Church programme
• Participating in school life through supporting weekly School Mass, lunchtimes, sporting and musical activities, school trips and other extra-curricular areas
• Presenting some Religious Education curriculum within the school
• Supporting existing ministries and serving on the Outreach Committee
• Engaging in Diocesan activities with S. Michael’s young people
• Leadership development
• Building positive relationships and other associated duties
• The position will allow for suitable hours for preparation/administration/reporting
The successful applicant will be involved in the S. Michael’s youth and children’s community on a regular weekly basis.
The preferred applicant for this position will have:
• Commitment to God’s ministry and worship
• An active engagement and understanding of the culture and ethos of Anglo-Catholic worship and school life
• Professional manner and ability to work in a church/school environment
• Leadership skills
• Commitment to receive further Christ-Centred Youth Training
• Evidence of ability to relate to and be accepted by young people
• Clear written and oral communication skills
• Reliability to manage own time and priorities
• Ability to pre-plan and manage weekly young people programmes
• Knowledge and ability to fulfil all Health and Safety requirements when working with young people
• Ability to work as part of a wider parish team and to be accountable to the Vicar and Wardens
Applications, which must include a CV and cover letter, to be sent to:
Child & Youth Ministry Developer
S. Michael and All Angels, PO Box 4022, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand. By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If additional information is required please contact the Vicar’s Warden, Michael Graveston on
(027) 358 0010. Applications close on 22nd December 2015 at 5.00pm.